Thread: Defense
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005   #12
AndreJ
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_HONKEY_TONK_KID
I think before we start making up names for our defense like "Blitzton", we better start blitzing first.

Anyways, I agree not blitzing might have to do with our personal. We got one side of the OLB fixed with Babin blitzing, I think Wong would do better at ILB than OLB and let Peek the freak go wild at OLB on the other side. But maybe our main problem is no rush up the middle with our front line. Payne and Walker our just taking up space on the feild and if it wasn't for Smith, our DL might have been the laughing staulk of the league.
I watched Payne alot this season and as the games went on i think he got a lot better. I was starting to like him and i think he had a pretty decent season coming off an injury. LE where walker was playing has just been horrible this season. We had basically no pressure or any presence coming from Walker. Robaire did his thing however and held his own, but NT and LE should be a major priority this offseason especially if Payne does not come back. I dont think Deloach is this answer at that position and neither is Walker at his.