Thread: 2005 Draft
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005   #4
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

this is most perplexing......the draft, what the Texans need & who will be available? i totally agree that pass rushing is one of two priorities the Texans must address. that being said since Ngata (big NT) is staying in school, there will be no blue chip DT available & pick #13. the 4-3 DE does not fit in the Texans 3-4, the Texans depend on linebackers or secondary to rush the QB in different zone blitzes of which the top two prospects here Derrick Johnson LB & safety Thomas Davis will already be picked. to me it looks more & more like if the Texans address this need with their 1st pick that Casserly will trade down & aquire more picks in the process.

the second pressing need is the offensive line. i'm thinking the ends are set with Wand & Wade but that a stud guard & center are needed. i'm just about finished with my mock draft and this is the direction i see the Texans heading should they remain @ #13. i will post after the conclusion of the games today after all the dust has settled under Mock Drafts thread, then its up to Vinny to plan which direction the Texans go since he will be the GM
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote