View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005   #11
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll half agree with your point Grid that focusing in on size is overrated, but the other half would say your experiencing symptoms of inadequacy

Of course at this time last year everybody knew who Dunta Robinson was right? Wasn't he the consensous 1st CB in the draft after DeAngelo Hall? Yeah right.......just how fast & how many prospects he leapfrogged over the course of the last two weeks of the draft is only matched by his speed & skills on the field. I'm telling you since Browner has declared (less than one week) most knowledgable fans & scouts have him into the 1st round somewhere.

To address the main point of height being a non factor, all I'm advocating is balance through covering strengths & weaknesses which creates versatility & problems for the offense. The 6-foot-4 Browner, is exceptionally tall for a cornerback and uses his wingspan to good advantage. Even if Browner gets beat on a play, hes long enough to compensate by getting his hands on the ball. Wingspan is going to be ever increasingly valued commodity in the defensive secondary in the future, haven't we all seen the scripts Basketball player turned NFL TE. Its a trend that here's to stay so there will be players & or coaches of players who will intend on taking advantage of mis-matches, with his size & height Browner poses a deterent to this happening.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote