View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont doubt that if there is a good DT out there.. our front office can find them.. what concerns me is the lack of depth, which does two things.

1. it ruins our fun since there is no semi-obvious choice its not like it was with Andre Johnson, or even Dunta Robinson.. there is no one on the Dline to really choose from as a sure thing.

2. it will make it harder to get that special player that is floating under the radar.. since alot more people are going to be looking for him. We may find ourself in the situation we were in with Babin.. a small school guy that would have most likely been available in the late 2nd or 3rd if the draft had been deeper at that position.. instead we had to trade up to the first to get him. basicly.. it increases the value of guys that are more of a risk.. and since we need to draft a player at that position(DT).. it means we are going to have to take a risk and use a higher draft pick on them. Which is why I think there is a good chance we may not go for a DT, and instead focus on getting us a DE.. since there are at least a couple guys in the draft which would be considered immediate impact players at that position.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote