View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005   #11
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
Looking over the draft boards.. this is really giving me a headache.

Outside of the top guys (Wright, Hawthorne, Ngata) .. everyone who is big enough to be a 3-4 DT seems to have the same description. Great run stuffer, not much of a pass rush, out of shape, underacheiver, doesnt give 100%...

Needless to say that isnt very promising. as things are right now.. I dont see us taking a DT in the draft.. unless its to draft a guy like Sione Pouha out of Utah, or Albert Means out of Memphis.. in the later rounds, just as depth.

I see us instead going for a DE.. and making due with either Smith or Deloach at DT.. or an FA.

Spears and Hawthorne.. both should be available to us and either one of them could be a nice DE for us.

Do yall think Spears will fall to the second with his knee injury? or maybe we should trade down and grab him a little later in the first?
By "Wright" do you mean Rod Wright of Texas? He hasn't announced he's leaving and nobody at the school really expects him to.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote