Thread: which one
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004   #7
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

A top flight corner is the most important player to me. If you dont have that shutdown corner, like Champ Bailey, it is going to be a long day becasue that means you need use your safteys to help double instead of protecting against the big plays and you need to bring more people to blitz to make sure there guys dont get open deep which leaves you more likely to give up a big play.

For example, our last game against the Colts, we had to double Harrison all game long. We limited him greatly, but their 3rd guy Stokley had like 10 catches and burned us on a TD in the red zone late in the game because we had to double down on Harrison so there was no saftey there to defend the quick slant into the endzone. With a shutdown corner there is little need to double because he can keep up step-for-step with the other teams best WR, which means safteys can help prevent big plays.

Just my opinion.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote