View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005   #24
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

With Payne's injury and the fact that he is an UFA, I would imagine something will be done about that position. Unless the Texans adopt a 4-3 they will need a big run-stuffing NT. There are some quality D-Line in the 1st round of the draft, but they wouldn't be good fits in a 3-4. That will leave a lower pick in the draft or a free agent. I'm guessing a free agent to play in the middle of the line is where they will look.

Personally, I like the LB group. Hopefully Peek can get a lot more field time opposite Babin with Wong moving inside at times. With Anderson, Orr, and Polk there is some depth. I can't see the Texans carrying 9 LBs and with Cheatwood that is what they have. I'd imagine him getting on the practice squad this season.

Please, please, please don't try and bring Charles Woodson here. The Texans have done a great job of bringing in good players that are also good people without all the baggage. Unless I am mistaken Billy Miller is the only Poston client on the roster and I think it's a good number to stick at. They are nothing but trouble for any team and the players rarely live up to the hype.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote