View Single Post
Old 01-13-2005   #22
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
A lot of teams use the zone blitz, not just 34 defenses. The Broncos were caught in a zone blitz last week with a DE covering Dallas Clark. The advantages to the defense are in confusing the blocking scheme and confusing the QB as to what coverage he's seeing. The disadvantage is having a coverage mismatch.
Yeah, I am familiar with the zone blitz scheme from the 4-3 set. I was just wondering about 3-4 squads who run it like the Texans. I've read material in which both Bellichick and Capers have said that there isn't a great difference between 34 and 43 zone blitzes. I'm just wondering if the Texans personnel may be better suited for a simpler scheme. Then again, the confusion aspects make it a tough scheme to defeat (when run well) and as the Texans players get better at it, they should get better pass rushes going.

Perhaps a really smart, athletic ILB to go along with Sharper would make the system run better. That should help deal with the coverage mismatch some.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote