as I wrote a few weeks ago....
I think the Texans have a good shot of getting on MNF.
Here are my reasons.....
1. Because of the style of play the Texans rarely get blown out. So you can usually count on a good game.
2. Unlike Cinci, Cleveland, and Jax....Houston is not a small market team. Houston is a mid-big market team, with deep pockets and w/ Tons of Corporate sponsors.
Where is football bigger than in Texas?
3. Houston has some good "off the ball stories". I.E. The Golden boy David Carr, the humble superstar Andre Johnson, rising Rookie star Dunta Robertson.
4. Many expect the Texans to be a playoff caliber team next year. The Texans are on the rise, there is no reason they should not be better next year than they were this year.
5. Mark my words. The Texans will be on Monday Night football next year. The game will be in Houston. They will be requested by the Network to make it a BATTLE RED game, which the Texans will happily do.