View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
What's wrong with the FS position. Coleman was a rookie at the position this year and played hurt a number of games. But overall i think he did a good job. Not to mention we have two above avg. backups in that spot. Jason Simmons which i think alot of us like and Marlon McCree.
I agree. Our FS position is solid. Did anyone notice that the old prototype FS John Lynch was nowhere near a WR in the playoff game when Denver got lit up? We will see more and more large CB's instead of undersized linebackers at this position in the future with the rule changes. Coleman's style and body type will be something more teams gravitate to as a cover-FS (third cb on the field) instead of an intimidating hitter and enforcer type roaming around back there. I had my doubts about Coleman not being physical enough at first but I think that the Texans made a wise move in lieu of the rule changes. The Patriots did the same thing with a younger player in Eugene Wilson. He is pretty much their third CB on the field as a FS.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote