View Single Post
Old 01-11-2005   #54
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15762 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
It takes about 3 years to turn an existing franchise around. I think it takes about 5 years to totally build one from scratch. We are going into year 4. We are right on pace.

Seau was released because he wasn't cutting it anymore? Yes, that is pretty accurate. He lost a step and was part of why the Chargers defense was getting old and exploited. His big complaint his last years at SD was he busted his assignments too often trying to do too much and he wasn't the player he was before so the results were not the same.
Vinny, you keep repeating over and over that it takes 5 years to build an NFL team from scratch. And 3 years to turn an existing franchise around? I respectfully disagree with you. I think it can be done in 3 years and 1 to 3 years. The latter depends on a lot of variables. Each situation would be different. The same goes for building a team from scratch. Different approaches will yield different results. We obviously didn't put the offensive line high on our priorities. Please don't bring up Boselli.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote