View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005   #9
pskinny
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Most of you guys have no patience. You compare these guys but don't see that they didn't produce much early in their careers either. Bennett and Wayne didn't start producing "excellent" numbers till their 3rd and 4th seasons. Drew didn't catch over 33 passes in one year until year 4. Burress only averages 52 catches a year and was drafted as a number 1 guy (top ten pick in the draft). Bruce has been the best of the guys you referenced but even he only averaged 62 catches a year his first 5 seasons in the most wide-open high flying offense in the NFL.

Gaffney is only 24 years old and is catching between 40-50 passes a year in a VERY conservative offense. He will only get better.
I seriously hope your right. I guess I just don't see the playmaking ability in Gafney that these guys have. These guys all get the ball in the end zone, one thing Gafney doesn't. Though it's a valid arguement to say Gafney doesn't get the ball thrown his way down the field much. Whether that's due to Palmer not having confidence in his abilities or the offense not being able to execute, I don't know. Gafney had his best year this year by far, hopefully he continues to improve and proves me wrong.
pskinny is offline   Reply With Quote