View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskinny
I disagree. He's an excellent #3 receiver. He'll never put up numbers like Reggie Wayne, Plaxico Buress, Issac Bruce, Drew Bennet just to name a few "excellent" #2's. But I don't disagree that Gafney had a good year which could have been better had Carr had time to find him more often.

In my perfect world, Joppru comes back next year and finally contributes, we address the O-line and D-line through free agency, move Wong inside, start Peek, and we take Mike Williams in the first round.
Most of you guys have no patience. You compare these guys but don't see that they didn't produce much early in their careers either. Bennett and Wayne didn't start producing "excellent" numbers till their 3rd and 4th seasons. Drew didn't catch over 33 passes in one year until year 4. Burress only averages 52 catches a year and was drafted as a number 1 guy (top ten pick in the draft). Bruce has been the best of the guys you referenced but even he only averaged 62 catches a year his first 5 seasons in the most wide-open high flying offense in the NFL.

Gaffney is only 24 years old and is catching between 40-50 passes a year in a VERY conservative offense. He will only get better.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote