View Single Post
Old 09-04-2007   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hahaha - Chronicle's Richard Justice goes after KEYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
The key here is that the station said that they would show the Texans season opener, but have gone back on their word.
yeah, that just sucks. But I hate to say that it is no surprise to me that a corporation would not stand behind it's word. They disregard the little man these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
True, but there is a little bit of a chicken and egg situation here. If football fans are not exposed to Texans games, how do they become fans? Usually, fans become fans because when they watch the games, not the other way around imo.
I don't disagree. As a Texans fan, I think it sucks that they have to do this to our team.

But I disagree about 'fans'. Most are front-running bandwaggoners, and the only exceptions seem to be teams with championship histories.

Houston's ratings indicate more folks watch the Cowboys than the Texans. So I don't see a core fanbase of hardcore Texans fans that are patiently waiting for the first winning season. There is definitely a group of us, but we are in the minority of sports fans in H-town. Most will jump on the bandwagon after the winning starts.

Now transfer that to the Austin market. The Texans have the national perception of being losers, and to make matters worse, we look like we are incompetent in choosing a first overall pick...even from the beginning of our franchise's existence.

But from a purely business perspective, I understand their decision even if I think they were dishonest and do not agree with it.

In our capitalistic society, one thing rules all: $$$

And this decision by KEYES is obviously 100% monetary with absolutely no desire to cater to a small Texans fanbase.