View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005   #31
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
eh.. we were supposed to have taken a step towards becoming a contender at the end of the season. Remember all the pretty qoutes after the Jags game? Our offense and defense has really come together.. our defense is finally understanding how the system works.. we arent good enough to take anyone lightly.. so on and so forth. Here we are on an 11 quarter streak with no opponent scoring a TD and only one of them scoring a field goal.. and we buckle.

The browns game just showed that we were no where near where we claimed to be.

The Browns game wasn't the deciding factor on whether or not we were playoff ready. To me it happened the first week of November and I knew we weren't playoff ready. What happened that week? well we went on a streak of 4 out of 5 wins in a row (Oakland,K.C.Tennesse and Jacksonville (lost to Minnesota)) and the media comes out and mentions the dreaded "playoff" word.. Wins sugarcoat things (i.e. lack of passrush,stopping the run, and giving up 3rd down conversions)..and when the media mentioned the "P" word things got buzzing in Houston.. Well we play 2 playoff bound teams in a row at,at their place mind you and get blown out by a combo of 80-27 (denver and indy) ... that is when I knew we weren't playoff ready.. it wasn't just the Browns game
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote