View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007   #12
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hollywood Texan (not about the KEYE thing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
I moved from Htwon in 82 to LA to be an aspiring musician lasted till 89 then moved back to the Texas Oasis known as Austin. I wont bore you with the details of my musical extravaganza, but started out living on the floor on N Ivar in Hollywood, moved to Kings Row and Santa Monica Blvd, moved to Garden Grov, then Huntington Beach then Anaheim .
I came home to Tx for Christmas, had bbq, 80 degree weather, herad Stevie Ray Vaughn, and said, "Darnit Im moving back".
Nuff said, I rewrote the Randy Newman song" I hate LA"
Wow, I take it you lived on Ivar around the Hollywood/Sunset area. I have heard a lot stories about the 80's and what was going on in Hollywood then. PM if you have any cool stories. I would like to hear them.

The Hollywood 80's music scene is dying a slow death right now. There are still some relics walking around and some kids embracing the look, but it just doesn't seem like it is going to last much longer.

I guess everything has to run it's course.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote