Thread: Yet again ppl
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007   #80
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Yet again ppl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
That is where you and I don't agree. There is much to buying something you want with your own money. A sense of satisfaction that can't be given by someone else.

Also, if you go to a game you have memories and possibly pictures that will last a lifetime.
Good point...I don't put much value in the cool shoes I had to have or the comic books I collected as a kid, but some of my finest memories as a child were at the dome with my dad watching the Oilers play. Paki is still young and doesn't understand this stuff.

When you are on your deathbed, you aren't going to think of your fine hardwood table or your nice surround sound system....the only thoughts you will have in your mind are the memories you made with the people in your life. None of that other stuff really means much at the end of the day.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote