View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005   #16
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by trijcomm
We didn't use Miller on the curl because we used Johnson so much on the quick flare. As far as a TE goes, if you aren't going to use them, why draft one?
I guess you are a new fan. We installed a two-TE package we practiced all pre-season and never used it due to Joppru's injury and our talent limitations. You cannot run heavy TE offense with Billy Miller or Mark Breunner as your primary TE's. Breunner was brought here as a secondary blocking TD and Miller was a check down on an expansion team with no real WR or RB talent....but if we cut him he would have a hard time getting PT anywhere in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trijcomm
We know Miller has the talent, but if the ball is going to Davis all the time, then you could have Antonio Gates or Todd Heap out there and he won't produce.
"We" don't know that. Myself, I think he has marginal NFL talent.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote