View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007   #20
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1623 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: KEYE no longer 'official home of the Texans'

Gee, Gary.

Thanks again for dashing the hopes of all Austin-area Houston Texans fans who hoped to actually
get to see their favorite team turn around and have a great season for a change. Instead, we get
a Cowboys preseason game and a bunch of Vince Young running around trying to avoid sacks as
he looks for his non-existent Wide Receivers and Running Backs and Offensive Line. At what point
will you realize that Vince Young is no longer a Longhorn and that the Titans arenít the Oilers anymore?

When Vince gets injured for the season, will you finally play Houston Texans games (the team actually
residing in Texas) or do I have to wait for the two games per year that Houston gets to humiliate the
Flaming Thumbtacks to get my Texans fix? I will remind you that this is the new Houston Texans team.

We just manhandled the Cowboys (yet you show Dallas tonight) and have the reigning Defensive Rookie
of the Year, DeMeco Ryans ready to tee off on the competition again.

Youíre going to respond with the same generic response youíve sent everyone else. If you donít televise
Texans games, youíre never going to generate a local fan base and eventually, youíll have to show Titans
games in a future in which Vince Young is no longer a Titan. If the UT honks want their Longhorn fix, thatís
what Saturdays are for. If they absolutely NEED a Longhorn on Sunday, I suggest they DVR the game from
Saturday OR check out Kasey Studdard, former Longhorn, current TexanÖblocking for Matt Schaub, the Cowboy
Killer.

I know this will fall on blind eyes and I donít expect you to change a thing because that would just lead to
disappointment when you donít change anything. I just want you to know that Houston Texan fans do exist
in Austin and the surrounding area and we donít all have those Nielson boxes on our TVís.

Karl A. Meyer

monkey
HuttoKarl is offline   Reply With Quote