View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007   #17
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: KEYE no longer 'official home of the Texans'

UPDATE:

I spoke with Missy Rentz yesterday on the phone. She is sorta new to the Texans has only been with them for about 6 months, but she is working hard at getting things worked out with radio and TV stations. San Antonio does have a radio station that broadcast the games but Austin does not as of yet. She said she is also working on doing some promotions in the area at some point but does not have anything specific as of yet. All they can do is put pressure on a station to show the games but it does look like we are on our own on that because of contracts of CBS having the AFC and since we are not with-in 75 miles of Reliant. But Ms Rentz said she will continue to work hard for us here in the Austin area.

This is the most I have ever gotten out of anyone that works with the Texans. I do not have any pull or know anyone with in the organization or anyone that could help put pressure on KEYE. Hopefully I can get past the stupid operators of Time Warner and get to someone besides some phone jockey. I swear customer service is dead and so is actual personel contact. It is if companies could careless if you are happy or not.

Oh by the way, the contract with KEYE to show pre-season games ends this year.