View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005   #20
hou059
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trijcomm
If you are shooting higher than 8-8 next year when so many weaknesses were revealed to us by one of the worst teams in the league last Sunday, then you are shooting way, way too high. 8-8 for a third-year franchise is fantastic. 7-9 is so-so. Still a losing season. The team improved, but they didn't REALLY improve if they got blown out more than they did last year and regressed in sacks allowed. If the Texans won 10 straight and then lost their last six, then obviously they would be headed in the wrong direction -- doncha think? This year, the Texans were riding somewhat high with two road wins -- even though their offense was struggling in both games. They shut out a playoff contender on the road and were riding high. But then they were brought back to earth and a rather scary reality last week at home by a very, very poor team that was just mailing it in. BTW, I'm sorry those other moves didn't get you on the squad last year. Try this one next time around. I know it's a longer routine, but it might work. I've seen the Texans cheerleaders do this exact routine.
I just don't see it the way you do. How is 8-8 in the fourth year, progress? that would definetly be a regression. doncha think? Why are you focusing on how many times they were blown out? They scored more points a game than they did last year and the defense gave up fewer points this season than last year. Your saying they improved but didn't really improve. Dude it's one or the other. The Browns didn't expose anything. It was established we had problems with our O-Line and Pass Rush Defense. They just took advantage of them. Stop focusing on certain stats and look at the whole pic man.
hou059 is offline   Reply With Quote