View Single Post
Old 06-04-2004   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

All points have some validity.

As a league it's their job to make sure that all teams are treated fairly and I do think a salary cap does that. Some teams seem to manage very well with them and others struggle. That would be the part of the story where it's up to each team to find a person that understands the cap and how it works and make it work for the team.

I've heard interviews though with major NFL GM's and management people and they have said there are still things about the cap they don't understand.

It must be a mighty task to do some of those deals.

I think the NFL handles their players well in most cases. You don't hear too much about guys holding out although that does happen from time to time.

I would like to think that most young men that are good enough to play in the NFL realize that they can become wealthy with or without a cap and so they play with the system in place.

Of all the pro sports I think the NFL is managed the best.

Still I do see Dale's point. I just don't think it works in the case of such a big entity as the NFL.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote