View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005   #18
hou059
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trijcomm
You are making some bad comparisons here. First of all, 8-8 for the Vikes or the Rams is a bad season for them. 8-8 would have been stellar and, yes, would have been a milestone for a third-year franchise. An 8-8 season indeed WOULD have given us more respect than 7-9 -- especially when a loss to one of the worst teams in the league at home prevented us from reaching that milestone. 7-9 indeed is an improvement, but it's still a losing season. 8-8 isn't -- hence it's a huge difference from 7-9. It would have been the next step to success. If we would have won that game, we would have won three in a row, accomplished a huge goal and would have given us a legitimate reason to look forward to a winning season next year. Unfortunately, that didn't happen and now we need to drop down a notch in our expectation level and hope that next year we can achieve what was within our grasp this year. And even though we did two games better than we did last year, we were thoroughly trounced and dominated by Denver, Indy, and the NYJ -- not to mention the embarrassment last week. We were never trounced this many times last year, so that's a regression. Yes, you do sound like a cheerleader to me. You gonna try out next year? Maybe these would be a good move for you to use for the judges
Yeah I am going to try out. I got my outfit picked out and everything. You still trying out or are you backing out of it like last season? I hardly think we aim next season for what should have happened this season. 8-8 next season is just dumb man. Next year expectations are still high. I really understand what you are saying but don't act as if being 8-8 changes alot of things. This team really improved this season, try looking harder and not just at the record. Say the Texans were to win 10 straight and drop their final six, on paper 10-6 looks great but but how would you rank their season. There is a lot more to the Texans than their sub-par record indicates. Oh, I tried those moves last year at tryouts and they didn't work.
hou059 is offline   Reply With Quote