View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005   #16
trijcomm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hou059
A milestone? 8-8 is hardly that. Who cares what people say about the Texans...you think that matters. 7-9 is an improvement from 5-11 plain and simple and look at how the Texans played this season. Swept the Jags, swept the Titans. Played the best offense in the NFC down to the wire. That says alot to me. You want to argue that The Texans didn't finish strong? As if people are going to look at the Texans and think "Hmmmm, they finished 8-8, they got my respect!" Do you respect the Vikings or the Rams? I know I don't! one game is not going to make people respect this team nor does it mean that we have arrived. how much does it matter that the Texans are 7-9, that means we are losers? In who's eyes? You act as if this sets the organization back a year...give me a break. You're telling me that there wasn't much improvement this season, your basing that on the fact the Texans didn't finish 8-8? Stop looking at the record and look at the big picture. Carr played the whole season and gained so much experience. Our defense turned it up towards the end of the season and imo made giant strides. The team won back to back games more than once this season. That's going to make for a great 2005 season. 7-9 doesn't make this team losers...losing every game, quitting on a game and playing like bush-leaguers makes a team losers. Under-achieving makes a team losers. In my eyes the Texans are winners and proved it to me this season. I guess I am just too big of a fan with all my Rah-Rah, huh? Had the Texans won that last game and ended the season 8-8 does not erase the blow-out wins you spoke of Or erase the putrid offense you mentioned? it sure doesn't, it doesn't do anything for the team other than look good on paper and give people some sort of false hope. Like finishing 8-8 means we are going to the Super Bowl next season or winning our division next season. Vikings and St. Louis finsih 8-8, talk about underachivers!
You are making some bad comparisons here. First of all, 8-8 for the Vikes or the Rams is a bad season for them. 8-8 would have been stellar and, yes, would have been a milestone for a third-year franchise. An 8-8 season indeed WOULD have given us more respect than 7-9 -- especially when a loss to one of the worst teams in the league at home prevented us from reaching that milestone. 7-9 indeed is an improvement, but it's still a losing season. 8-8 isn't -- hence it's a huge difference from 7-9. It would have been the next step to success. If we would have won that game, we would have won three in a row, accomplished a huge goal and would have given us a legitimate reason to look forward to a winning season next year. Unfortunately, that didn't happen and now we need to drop down a notch in our expectation level and hope that next year we can achieve what was within our grasp this year. And even though we did two games better than we did last year, we were thoroughly trounced and dominated by Denver, Indy, and the NYJ -- not to mention the embarrassment last week. We were never trounced this many times last year, so that's a regression. Yes, you do sound like a cheerleader to me. You gonna try out next year? Maybe these would be a good move for you to use for the judges