Thread: trading down?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005   #11
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think trading down is definatly the way to go.. but id like to see us trade down for a late first rounder, and a first rounder next year. I think we need to try and stock up some draft picks for next years draft.. its looking like alot of the Talent that we were hoping would be in this years, is gonna go to next years instead :P.

Anyway.. if we traded down.. here is another option with our first rounder. Shawne Merriman

Ryan (Pittsburgh): Mel, any chance Shawne Merriman falls to Pittsburgh at the end of the first round? I think he'd be a great fit in the 3-4.

Mel Kiper: Phenomenal fit. There are five teams using a 3-4 scheme and he would be unbelievable in any of them. He had a 41.5 inch vertical jump! He can run a 4.5 40 routinely. In fact, his vertical was the best ever by a DL in Maryland history. He had 17 tackles for loss, 9 sacks and forced 3 fumbles! He is a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB .. He is a Peter Boulware type guy. I think he is a mid first rounder.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote