Thread: OL Stats
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by trijcomm
I think it's ridiculous to think that you can hang stats like this on offensive linemen. Defensive linemen stunt all the time, the defensive secondary blitzes -- who gets the blame for those sacks? And where are the stats for good run blocks and pass protection? Fact is, you can't single these guys out. They must be looked at as a unit, not by themselves.
Now I will buy that stats on CB's are virtually meaningless. Stats on other players have to be taken into perspective, but OL stats as above aren't all that bad. Wand either did or did not get called for holding and false starts. Compare Pitts in his 1st year at 9 and Wand at 3--that is meaningful--just ask the they aren't coached well because they commit false starts crowd. As for the sacks given up, you will notice they share responsibility for sacks where appropriate, hence the .5's in places. You can add up the accredited sacks for any team and find they also lay some on the TE's and RB's. Bottom line, I will trust this source less than my personal review of the DVR and less than gut instinct.