Thread: Seth Payne
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005   #81
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think someone mentioned this already but how about Pat Williams from the Bills? I just read an article that said the Bills might have trouble signing their free agents.

LINK

(January 6, 2005) ORCHARD PARK The abrupt ending to the Buffalo Bills season Sunday with a 29-24 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers was especially difficult to take for Pat Williams and Jonas Jennings.

Not only was it the final game of Buffalo's best season in five years, it may have been their final games as Bills.

Williams and Jennings are unrestricted free agents, the only starters on the Bills' relatively short list of players eligible to switch teams starting March 2.

"It feels hard now. I didn't know if it was going to be my last game here," Williams said. "I hope it wasn't."

If it was, Williams certainly went out in style. The eight-year veteran, who joined the Bills as a rookie free agent in 1997 under Marv Levy and improved every season since, made 12 tackles and a sack against the Steelers. Four of his tackles were behind the line of scrimmage, good for minus-17 yards.

For Williams, 32, it amounted to an audition for his old employer and anybody else who may be interested in a premier run stuffer (474 career tackles) who also can get after the quarterback (13 sacks).