View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007   #113
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Sorry that I got the record wrong. My bad. I was trying to reference the teams start of 0-5. What does that have to do with the analysis of them still almost making the playoffs?I didn't think so. Keep trying.
That is fine if you want to reference the team's start of 0-5 as long as you make sure everyone knows that 2 of those losses were when Vince Young was a starter. Otherwise it leads people to believe that he had a higher winning percentage then he did as a starter and they would then surmise incorrectly that had Vince started all 16 games that they would have won 11 games. On the contrary, the only additional game that they might have won that Vince didn't start was the loss to Miami in Week 3. If the Titans would have won that game I believe they would have been in the playoffs, but I'm not sure if I understand the tiebreaker system correctly, so I could be wrong.