View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007   #101
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
John Elway didn't win 12 playoff games and 2 super bowls by himself either...but come on, without him they don't win near that much.....heck the Broncos have only won one playoff game since Elway retired....and were not a good team before he got there. Despite what some of the guys here think, one very elite player pulling the trigger at QB can make a team a dynamic force in the NFL. The Titans were 9-24 the two years and the three games before he started. They were 8-5 and one game from the playoffs since they inserted him as the starter....and pacman Jones was with the team when they were 4-12 the year before.
Please oh please let's not compare VY to Elway....at least not yet. John Elway was a far more polished passer out of college and much more geared to a 'conventional' NFL offense. I DO think an ELITE player can have that much impact. I'm (very) far from convinced that Vince falls into that category.

I also have an issue with giving the *ROY to a guy who wasn't even the best rookie at HIS position. I'm not sure anybody could make that argument against DeMeco.