View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007   #97
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
So, how do you explain the Titans success when "VY's offense" WASN'T putting up big numbers? If anything, it appeared that their improved Titans Defense took the pressure OFF of VY, rather than the other way around.

It's very simple really...I think VY is getting FAR too much credit for the Titans wins last year than he deserves to.
good coaching
good special teams
good performance in 3rd down situations by the VY led offense
defense had some critical returns

one can argue he got too much credit but that is part and parcel of being a QB in the NFL. bottom line is that he competed at a very high level and was one of the hardest guys to stop on 3rd down, arm or no arm. He exceeded early expectations and contributed towards TEAM success and in doing so, turned around their season.

He played like dogcrap in New England in a must-win situation on the final day of the season but they had no business going to the playoffs after starting so poorly. After that NE game he looked like he was crushed to have played so poorly at a crucial time. The game meant something to him and that is something you can't put a price on or set a stopwatch to.

Some call it the IT factor but I gotta go with the Commitment To Excellence cliche. He just doesnt like to lose and is willing to do just about anything to prevent it from happening...and when he fails, it crushes him. That is the type of guy I want leading my team and it looks like we got a guy just like that in Schaub. Schaub is showing the dedication and work ethic it takes to be a true professional. VY is a Titan but I like that Schaub shows some of the same qualities and desire to compete....and is a much more accurate and polished QB that doesnt mind not sleeping in his own bed.