View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007   #96
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
So, how do you explain the Titans success when "VY's offense" WASN'T putting up big numbers? If anything, it appeared that their improved Titans Defense took the pressure OFF of VY, rather than the other way around.

It's very simple really...I think VY is getting FAR too much credit for the Titans wins last year than he deserves to.
It is apples and oranges. As I said the Titans D was horrible and gave up a ton of points and were ranked 32nd. The NFL is never static where the same scenario happens every week. I explained that he had off weeks too. The D had one very good week that was really a D/Special Teams week surrounding PacMan. Other than that the team scraped by. But I don't think it is a jump to think that the team played better and picked him up just like he picked them up. It just wasn't a weekly thing. The above quote was more about the teams you mentioned..Cowboys, Steelers, etc. I used to see Irvin talking up Dallas's D in the 90s.

My point in joining this thread wasn't to jock VY like he was a savior, it was to throw out an opinion that I don't believe is homer like. He didn't have a perfect season but he still won in a situation that wasn't ideal and the team improved in other areas when he took over...such as the running game. So overall I think VY showed that he wasn't a 3 year project and with the right team can make the difference. All I know is that when he was drafted he was called out as not ready and now that he won games and made plays people are trying to pick him apart even more. I think it is plain silly not to think he will have these people eating crow too.