View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007   #85
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 158369 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

This thing just keeps getting more & more silly.

Matt Lineart had a far better season last year (as a QB) than VY. I'm just sorry that he didn't "inspire" his defense to as many scores as the Titans so we could put this to rest already. If you think that VY looked more NFL-ready than Lineart last year, please don't bother responding to this post, for we will likely NEVER agree on even basic points.

I'm not ready to annoint Lineart as having HoF-potential yet because of one good year. I'm also not ready to throw VY "under the bus" for a less-than-stellar year.

A good NFL QB takes time to develop & mature. Most "ride the pine" for at least a year before being thrown into the starting lineup. The more work they need fundamentally, the longer they usually take to adjust.

All the rah-rah in the world eventually wears off at the NFL level. I do believe that teams can take on the persona of a particular player, but, ultimately it's a team sport.

Did Bradshaw inspire the Steel Curtain?
How about Staubach & the Doomsday?
Was the Indy defense BAD because Peyton Manning wasn't a leader until last year?

VY has been a winner at every level, but this is USUALLY the case for starters in the NFL. These guys are the BEST of the BEST in their profession, else they usually go the USFL, XFL, Arena League, etc.

If you're really a fan of VY, give him a few years to see what he CAN do. Telling the rest of us that he's the greatest QB ever (based on last year) makes us want to hurl. Stop watching highlight reel footage and watch the WHOLE game...the guy needs some work, don't break his back trying to live up to this "walk-on-water" persona that he himself helped invent.