View Single Post
Old 08-20-2007   #84
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Interesting SI Article on VY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm sure that would go over well in Possum Hollar. PROFESSIONAL football players have allegiances to the teams that they play for, NOT to the cities they were born in.
VY has said on regular occassions he does play for the first professional Houston football team. He is putting himself into a pretzel on this one in my opinion and I don't understand why. From what I have seen, I disagree with you completely. VY is a Houstonian and a proud Texan. I am amazed we are even discussing this.

Quote:
If he's so big on Houston and his 'roots', then why didn't he play for the Cougars?
I don't have an answer for this one except to say playing at Texas is not that much of a strech for a native Houstonian.

I think you are reaching on this one.

Quote:
As far as ancient history (aka 2006 draft): People seem to be forgetting that VY, in spite of his dynamics and potential, is just not a WCO QB. He never would have fit with the Texans under Kubiak's offensive schemes.
Well, if Mack Brown had imployed that philosophy he wouldn't have a National Championship with 2 amazing Rose Bowl victories.

Sometimes, you take the best player that gives you the best chance and build around that. Talk about being stuck in a box.
Quote:
Young is in the best place for him right now. He's got an OC that wants to tailor an offense to his strengths.
If Kubiak is that myopic, then we are probably in trouble. Thinking in new terms/concepts is more important than trying to prove an old model.

Example, Mario Williams. We picked for a position/situation and not the players involved.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote