View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005   #22
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
why take the BEST TALENT if you are not going to use it right.
Put Carr in Martz's offense and he has 4000 yards 20 TD's and 25-30 INT's leading the Rams to a .500 record at this stage in his development from these eyes. Carr has a wonderful arm and has the ability to get away from a defender but anyone watching the game can see some flaws in his game. I think the team is doing what the personnel does well at this time. I would think that we would struggle to reach .500 if we had a more wide open offense with our line flaws and QB problems that result from them.

We need a TE that does not tip the play and can actually block and catch. This will help out Carr in the Red Zone and bring his TD's up to a more normal, expected level in year 4. Carr needs help, and I think he will be fine for us long-term but just because you like a certain offense or your favorite player is David Carr doesn't mean the coaches are using him absolutely wrong in my book.

I agree with some of the complaints though. I think we should use AJ like the Chargers use Antonio Gates. I'd love to see us move him all over the field and perhaps split in the back field (over the Tackles) with Davis at times, but the team has a real tough time doing simple things. Perhaps they will diversify their offense as the team proves it can handle basic formations and plays first (only partial sarcasm used here). As coaches you are a slave to the play of your players. To me, many of our players still play like expansion team guys and we are still very vanilla on both sides of the ball because of that, but I see flashes of complexity, so I'm not in the Chicken Little camp of firing coaches as problem solving.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote