View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wednesday PM practice complaints...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Training camp I think is really good for watching the players, but not so good for getting autographs.
That hasn't been my experience at all.

What I saw this year were people scoring autographs left and right before and after every practice session - while standing next to the walkway through the 'fan zone' between the Kirby bridge and Practice Field 1.

From what I witnessed, that offered a much better opportunity to get autographs than going through the chaos, waiting, and general rigamarole of the 'first 100' process to secure a guaranteed autograph from whatever players were on duty that night.

Before one of the practices I was standing at the walkway next to a woman and her son who had a football. They wanted autographs but she didn't know any of the players so I told her their names as they came down the steps- and she and her son called out their names as the players walked by. The kid ended up with Samkon Gado, Kris Brown, Jacoby Jones, Petey Faggins, and Joe Marciano's name on that ball.

After the last practice Wednesday night, practically the entire team signed along the sideline and north endzone. This went on for a long time and players worked their way down the fence and I saw people with at least a half-dozen autographs on their footballs. This was the second year in a row they've done that.

I don't care about autographs but I enjoy watching, mainly to put faces to names and numbers of the new players.

Knowing the routine helps so yes, it's impossible for someone coming in for the first time to know what's going on. I made a couple of 'advice' posts on this before camp started for people who were wondering about autographs. I can't remember if it was here or on ht.com.

Last edited by aj.; 08-17-2007 at 08:53 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote