View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

seems to be a lot of madden players here
AJ wouldn't have stats to be in the probowl if it weren't for the quick passes to him and he ran for big yards esp if we just chunked it deep to him. Blame Palmer for the dump passes, but until we get a legit TE and another deep threat.. Dump passes /quick passes will continue. Why? Teams will continue to double AJ deep ala cover 2.. We have no one to force teams to rotate off of AJ ,even with all the dump passes to try to get the defense to come up so we can burn them deep.. the defense just aren't biting. *edit We don't have a legit TE to go down the seam on the cover 2 and make them pay

This is a no win argument.. If Carr threw deep (like some are suggesting) when it isn't their, People would complain that Carr is forcing it in and can't read a defense.

I want to see us go deep and let AJ get it.. I know he is the type that can get the ball, but it has to be at OUR advantage (1 on 1) and not 2 on 1. And who knows, we don't have game film and my TV doesn't show the whole field.. there are probably many times that AJ has gone deep and not thrown to. or better yet the TIME to see the field and throw downfield

Last edited by Wolf; 01-05-2005 at 10:34 AM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote