View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005   #46
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid
There is no doubt that what Vick does, gives defenses a hard time. There is also no doubting that when it comes to actually being a QB.. meaning.. throwing the ball to the open receiver. Carr is 10x better than Vick.

Now.. which is better for their team? I dunno... I cant predict the future. The Falcons are in the playoffs this year because of their defense... their offense did their part, but it was their defense that won games. Did Vick help? most definatly.. but he isnt a one man show.. he didnt single handedly win any games this year.. for the most part, his contributions came from making big runs at important times.

anyway.. this is a pointless debate. Can I compare Carr to Vick? yes I can.. Carr has better stats all around. The only difference between the two teams is the wins and losses .. and neither of the teams records can be laid at the feet of their QBs. Vick did not push them into the playoffs, and Carr did not keep us out of it. All i know is that its an unfair statement to say Vick is better than Carr.. when he has a dominating top 10 defense taking him to the playoffs.. and an Oline that gives him protection. Put Carr and our WRs on the Falcons team and we would be in the superbowl. Then again who knows.. without Vick's scrambling.. maybe the Oline wouldnt be as good.

Anyway.. I understand your arguements. Vick is exciting to watch.. he makes plays at important times, and his team is in the playoffs. My only point is that you cannot say he is a better QB than Carr, when Carr has better stats and does not have the help that Vick has

All I know is without vick last year,it got Dan Reeves fired, then they went 3-1 to close out the season with him... And look at their record this year with him playing and without him playing.. there is some intangable with him playing.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote