View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007   #58
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Benched for Violation of Team Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
Chicks were just hotter in the '70's.

I was born 20 years too late. If I were old enough to drive back then, I would have had a custom van with this bumper sticker.

And I would have had a van like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Hey. Isn't that graghic on the van the same as Marcus' avatar?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elle View Post
Bump for Marcus. Hopefully he'll see the side of the van. It's almost identical to his avatar. LOL
Thanks for the PM to show me this Elle.

And Mr. White, you were right, I do believe the chicks were hotter back then.

The Dark Side of the Moon album was made the year I graduated from high school. I've had at least 3 record albums of it, an 8 track tape of it, (remember those?) a cassette of it, a CD, and a DVD. It still sells as of this day. It seems like the happiest, and saddest, and most memorable moments of my life occurred when it was playing in the background.

Van shows were a popular event back in the 60s and 70s. I didn't think I ever went to one without seeing a Floyd van of one type or another. I never had one back then, but if I did, it more than likely would have ended up black with a pyramid prism. And FYI, that van in the link was actually photographed by drummer Nick Mason himself during a concert, so yeah, it did make an impression.

As for my avatar, I like it because it shows everyone who my favorite band is. My long time friends from high school and the Navy see it, and they go "Of course, that's who you are." There have been times where I've thought about changing the avatar to the 20th or the 30th anniversary versions of it, (it shows them in the Wikipedia link) but I still like the original, and I don't think I'll ever change it.

Last edited by Marcus; 08-14-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: contributing additional info
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote