View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007   #17
dskillz
Veteran

Rep Power: 27 dskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performerdskillz is a Legendary performer
Default Re: "Pep Band" = Embarrassment

I am still waiting on specific problems with behaviour. It seems to me that the original poster thinks that maybe the pep band is out of place or something. I feel he is using this BS argument about behaviour as an excuse. He is entitled to his opinion, but I love the band. It is something different, well, it was different as I have seen other teams using the same concept.

I don't think that in anyway that the pep band makes us look second rate. It is a tradition now. A good one. I love to see them walking through the tailgate, giving impromtu performances and performing during the game. Just like the Clay Walker song, I see all these people who are so frustrated with losing take it out on all the traditions we have. I have heard people say we should change the uniforms, change the mascot, change the logo, change song and now gid rid of the band. Just frustrating to see people complain about the lack of sports traditions in this city, but then want to change everything.

Do you know what makes us look second rate? Losing. That is the only thing that makes us look second rate. So because some Bears fans say something about the pep band, we need to get rid of them? Your reaction was to agree with them? I think that speaks volumes in itself.