View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "Pep Band" = Embarrassment

I've never noticed inappropriate behavior from any band member, and I certainly don't view them as an embarrassment to the organization. I view them as an asset! I look at it this way. The NFL has become MUCH to serious over the years. They continuously come up with lame rules that takes the FUN out of the game of football, for fans, as well as players. To see the Pep Band down there having fun, enjoying their music, and sharing it all with the fans, is part of what makes the gameday experience exciting and fun. I would be more disappointed if they were just sitting there like a bump on a log, rather than jumping around having a good time supporting their team. I am certain if one of them is being obnoxious, rude, or handling themselves unprofessionally in any way, Lamar will take care of the problem. I am more concerned with the drunk, obnoxious, rude, and ignorant fans giving us a bad rep than I am with the young men in the Pep Band! To be perfectly honest with you, I can't imagine NOT seeing the Pep Band on gameday!! They are a TEXAN tradition now, and I hope they will be around forever.

As for the "1st down" celebration, why are you offended by that? It's just another way of keeping the fans involved in the game, and lets the players know we are celebrating that drive with them. I love it!!

Also, you mentioned the Colts. I went to the game in Indy last year and they have a chant that just about drove me NUTS! Ole, ole, olaaaaaay, OHHHHHLAY, or something like that. Sounded like they were in a bull fighting arena rather than a football stadium. Just aweful!!!!! If I was a Colts fan, I would hate it, it is so irritating, obnoxious, and has NOTHING to do with football.

I have been a football fan for way over 50 years, and I have learned to relax and accept the things that I don't like. You cannot please 70,000+ people all the time.