View Single Post
Old 08-11-2007   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Working with NON-Texan fans

My step dad grew up a Vikings fan and when I was 7(1977) I remember going into a payless shoe store and they had a gray t-shirt with a cowboys helmet on the front of it. I asked my mom if she would get it for me, she did.. funny thing is the first time I wore it, I thought my step-dad would not like it, so I was nervous to wear it in front of him (thinking he'd trash it being he was a vikings fan). Well I wore it. Dad never said anything to me I laugh at my insecurity then.(I still like the Cowboys and vikings(#2 and #3 in my book)

within a year the Cowboys became #2 team(being I always wanted Texas teams to do good against the rest of the country) and Oilers became #1 in my heart quickly...And I owe that to one person that as a young kid, just awe'd me. No telling if I would be like some of the "arrogant" Cowboy fans that we see(not all are) if it weren't for this legend

He singlehanded me changed me to a #1 diehard oiler fan along with the fans that I watched on TV in the "luv ya blue" era. Houston and football has been #1 in my mind. When Houston left for Tennessee I watched Tennessee just because it still had old houston players on it Mathews,McNair,George etc,etc..

but in 2002, Tennessee was basically dead to me when a new sheriff came into town and the Texans were born
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote