View Single Post
Old 01-04-2005   #2
MojoX
Veteran

Rep Power: 447 MojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoX is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope, great time to talk draft, IMO.

I am looking for the team to draft either a DT, OLB, ILB, TE or OL (C or G). I think Mike Williams would be tempting but if he's available, I anticipate a trade down. The team is set at WR with AJ, Gaff and Armstrong. The only other receiver they need to consider is a TE who can block AND catch, instead of the cats they have now who just tip off the D to the play call.

I know Casserly want's playmakers in the first round but the team definitely needs a DT who can make the 3-4 go. Look what Wilfork is doing for NE. He is a playmaker, even more than stats can show. The Texans need that. With a guy like Wilfork, Peek and Babin will become mosters.

My eyes are focused on LB. We need a playmaker in the front seven, and especially at ILB or ROLB. I would love a trade up to get Derrick Johnson. I know it would be a high price, but a playmaker like DJ is worth it, IMO. If not him, then some killer pass rusher to replace Wong is sorely needed. That guy might be Peek but if a better prospect is in the draft then take him. Maybe a guy like Kiwi or Roth would do well.
MojoX is offline   Reply With Quote