View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blogging:Da Good, Da Bad, and DeMeco

http://gotexans.blogspot.com/2007/08/awesome.html

Quote:
When last we left our hero (Lionel Hutz), the disclaimer had been moved into a more prominent position, DeMeco and his attorney were happy, and it seemed as though the whole situation had wrapped up all nice and tidy.

Last night, however, the founder of StandUp For Kids, Rick Koca, found the post and commented on it. (Which is pretty cool.) Then, this morning, I received another email from the lawyer, saying that DeMeco's Foundation is going to make a donation to SUFK, that he thanked me for bringing the charity to their attention, and that DeMeco was going to send an autographed football to my son. (All of which is also pretty cool.)

I still think there is a big underlying issue here and it's likely one that won't go away until one of these "blogger v. celebrity" cases winds up in court. Thankfully, all sides involved in my situation remained calm and worked through the discussion like rational human beings. (Full disclosure: I have to thank my friends for keeping my replies friendly and level-headed. I am nothing if not prone to flying off the handle.)

Last edited by Wolf; 08-09-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote