View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007   #9
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: help me understand tailgating logistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
I see people bringing infants to training camp and just cringe. I'm talking like 3 month olds laying in blankets in strollers. 100 degree heat indices for prolonged periods is no place for a little babe or the person caring for it. And that's what it will be Saturday afternoon and into the evening.

The NWS site, which is as reliable as they come, is showing a temp of 91 and heat index of 101 at gametime Saturday - which based on previous preseason home games in August, I can believe.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/forecast/Map...3&AheadDay.y=7
JUST to be clear, and to ensure no well-intentioned person sends CPS a-knocking on my door...There is a misunderstanding and perhaps I should clarify. I would never bring my little tyke to anyplace where it is 100 degree hot. I had November or December in mind for that, probably holiday time. I realize my boy drew the short straw on the gene pool and all (/self_deprecating_humor), but I still have enough good sense to keep him from: a) sunburn, and b) heat stroke.

Thanks for the heads-up on the cannon, everyone. That would not be a good deal. At all. Besides, I doubt the bruiser has the patience for a football game. Plus, there is my aforementioned concern about the general stadium noise, so.... no boy on to the game anytime soon. Of course, the local beer joint is another story altogether.

I'll do personal recon on the tail-gating, and decide if/when The Boy makes it out. Maybe I'll get to meet a few of you all.

BTW, to check out a pic of my reckless budding free safety, check out the pictures (Categories...Pictures) at my blog.

Later,
Rick
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote