Thread: VY in fight!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007   #137
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: VY in fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Here's a more complete answer:

Since the 1985 season, the winner of the SB has been a #1 or #2 pick 13 times, 3+ 8 times, and an UDFA 1 time. The loser of the SB has been a #1/#2 pick 15 times, 3+ 5 times, and an UDFA 2 times.

Number one picks have faced off 7 times. 4 times, both QB's were drafted in the 3rd or less. 6 times, someone drafted in the 3rd round (or worse) has beaten a #1 or #2 pick.

QB's by round (if someone sees a mistake, let me know):

FIRST: Manning, Grossman, Roethlisberger, McNabb, Dilfer, Collins, McNair, Elway, Bledsoe, Aikman, Young, Kelly, Simms, McMahon, Eason, Williams.

SECOND: Favre, Esiason

THIRD: Hostetler, Montana, O'Donnell, Chandler

FOURTH: Gannon

SIXTH: Hasselbeck, Brady, Humphries, Rypien

NINTH: Johnson

UDFA: Delhomme, Warner
Nice work my question was baited but and expected someone to come out with the players .....

I was going to then list another 5 QBs in my favor and ask for "round 2" but the wife took most of the weekend .... so ......

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote