Thread: VY in fight!
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007   #132
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY in fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Also omitted Doug Williams 1st rounder.

Good effort, but isn't the overall conclusion the same it is for the draft generally--you can make it and will have to make it at times with players from all over the draft but if you examine one position, you are overall going to get better results from higher draft picks?
I had Williams as a first when I was counting but left him off the list at the end.

Personally, I had no interest in the argument about QB's and draft position. I just found the information itself interesting.

Players are selected in the first round because someone thinks that they're talented AND that they'll fill a need. Usually those people are right but sometimes they're wrong. Sometimes a guy drops for reasons out of his control that have nothing to do with how he plays. Sometimes a guy just needs to be in the right place at the right time. As long as a guy can play, I really don't care where he's drafted but I'm not going to hold it against a guy if he's drafted in the first round, either.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote