View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007   #49
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin residents

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
I saw a thread about Houston watch parties, and the thought of changing pubs. I'm going to ask those guys/gals what sort of commitment they got, if any, from their chosen venue.
I had a PM discussion with Yank, who informs me that they have zero commitment from their chosen location in Houston.

The 3B folks are willing to work with us, are top-notch, have great viewing and A/V zones to support multiple games, and great parking. I think it is reasonable that they get an email heads-up each Friday, to give a budgetary head-count. Their interest is to fairly support as many patrons as possible. It would be on us to show up.

I'm sure that over time, we'll grow, the Texans fans in Austin will rally (we should market even outside of this fan forum!), and ultimately our having to email 3B will become moot. Rabid attendance will be a given.

But, let the journey of a thousand miles begin with a single step. Grasshopper.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote