Thread: VY in fight!
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007   #123
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: VY in fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
That still gives no argument for selecting a 3rd rounder going ot the Super Bowl.

Yes Montana and Brady are on different calabers of player. They have that leadership and get it done style of play that is hard to scout. BUt lets be honest here and look at the most recent Super Bowl QBs and leaders in passing at the QB position ...

1. Farve '91 2nd
2. Elway '83 1st
3. P. Manning '98 1st
4. Aikman '89 1st
5. Kelly ' 83 1st
6. Esiason '84 2nd
7. McNair '95 1st
8. Grossman '03 1st
9. Roethlisberger '04 1st
10. McNabb '99 1st

Allot of SB winning QBs in that group all selected pre 3rd round. Care to give me a list 10 SB Qbs since 1985 (a 22 year span) who were 3rd or below?
1 David Carr
2 Joey Harrington
3 Ryan Leaf
4 Jeff George
5 Dan McGwire
6 Patrick Ramsey
7 Aaron Rogers
8 Heath Shuler
9 Akili Smith
10 Rick Mirer

The list continues......................

And M Shadows answered your other question.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote