Thread: VY in fight!
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007   #108
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: VY in fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
Now who is ADD? You are talking about the Kurt Warner that played for the Rams -vs- the Kurt Warner that got cut from the Giants and lost his starting job in Arizona.
Aren't "they" the same person?

Players have good years players have bad years. The loss in the last super bowl was crushing to Warner. It was like NE cracked the code on the guy and every DC saw on TV with 500 cameras staring down on him.

I compare Warner to a knuckle ball pitcher. Give him some receivers and some time with a decent line and the guy will cut certain D's apart. But if the DC holds and stays focused they can crack Warner.

Greatest show on turf is weak? Just saying that sounds silly.

He started late in his career shined for a while and then started to show age from all of those arean league games. The guy is 36 now. I am not saying he is great but people will remember Warner.

No one will remember a QB on the current roster of the Texans.

Seriously Schaub is a stretch IMO. He might make a nice fit if Green has some steam but if Green goes down the Texans O will die under Dayne.

Quote:
Unless your trying to tell me that Boldin and Fitz somehow got into a time machine, hit Tory Holt and Isaac Bruce knocking them out, stole there uniforms, and played in the super bowl. B/C the Kurt Warner I saw that had Fitz and Boldin as his receivers stunk up the place.
I think he cut his beard ... but still the same person.

Quote:
I didn't say anything about looks, I was talking about matching descriptions.

That guy with a black eye, I don't know who that is, he is not a Texan.
I was just making sure you knew who Vince Young was. I was not talking about looks either.

So lets take a look at your "comparison" [if the word is used very roughly]

You say Vince Young:

8-5 as a starter

Greatest comeback victory by a rookie in NFL history

Most rushing yard by a rookie QB in NFL history

Took a team that had lost its franchise QB through lockout in an ugly battle that eventually sent him to the Titans biggest rival. Titans - Baltimore [I have heard rumors they take our soiled jerseys and that is why they are that stained purple color]

A 6 game winning streak

All of this with the #32/32 ranked defense

Playing in the same division and the Super Bowl champs a team that we beat and took down to a 1 point lead before losing. The Titans actually outscored the Colts over the season.

Playing with two receivers that were his #1 and #2 that are now playing #3 spots on their current teams.

all of that you compare to:

A 3rd round draft pick

Struggled to pass more TDs then INTs even with two of the best WR in the game right now.

Perennial backup ...

You do not draft your starting QB in the 3rd round if you expect to win a Super Bowl .....

Matt Schaub #8 | Quarterback | Houston Texans Roster:
Height: 6-5 Weight: 237
Born: Jun 25, 1981 - Pittsburgh, PA
College: Virginia
Draft: 2004 - 3rd round (27th pick) by the Atlanta Falcons
Pass Yds TD Yds/Game QB Rating
208 1 41.6 71.2

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote