View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007   #37
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin residents

ROLL CALL!!!!

NitroHonda is IN and here!

I'd very much like to start for preseason but those probably won't be showing on the television and would be a small gathering but this can be a very good thing. We can at least check out the club ourselves and see how we like it. How we like their service. How the bartenders look (don't worry girls, I'm sure they'll have a male bartender for you to gaze upon ). Check out the parking and so on and on and on. Then we can bring our opinions on the location right here and discuss it within eachother.

Don't worry about the free grub and booze. I've worked the club scene for the last 12 years in Houston (I was a valet. I'm now a school teacher. Talk about a hefty career change!) and I think we'd be getting ahead of ourselves here. Based on my experiences, it's always a bad move to try and ask for freebies at the beginning. What we really need to do is get a season under our belt or at least half of a season before we go asking for goodies. We have to show that we're there to spend money and once they see that we really have a large following, they will then begin to proudly 'sponsor' the fan club label and from there we'll most likely begin to get our goodies such as discounted pitchers/wells and so on.

THEN if we prove ourselves to be a large following, you can bet on them wanting to retain the fan club label. We just have to show up and bring our credit cards for the first few weeks. It's really more about advertising for them more than anything else and what better place to advertise a fan club than Texanstalk.com (I don't mean THEY advertise here. I meant like us scheduling our events here ourselves and then mentioning the location which will be Third Base)! They'll love it!

Then again, they may not ever offer any goodies.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote